Thursday, June 2, 2016

Can't we all just get along?

I am a bureaucrat that can actually say I worked as both a federal employee and a service industry worker. I may not have been actually refilling empty draft beer glasses, but my government job required me to interact with the public every day. Every. Single. Day.

I am no longer in a direct public service position but I will admit that I miss my interactions and my ability to serve the people who lived in my community.  Even if some of those same people fantasize about dressing up like they're in a call of duty game and spending two months on a federal property they've taken over to protest my overreach. The anti-government types tend to forget that when they're talking about "the government" they're usually referring to normal people like you and me.

I understand some people get frustrated by paying taxes, but I don't understand how demonizing every government employee helps your cause. In my last post I mentioned I came down with food poisoning. In the days that followed, I lost about five pounds. It worked, but it probably wasn't the best or most pleasant way of losing five pounds. So chill out militia folks, and find a better way to pay less in taxes without accusing your neighbor of trying to steal your land. Sure, it gets your point across, but it isn't the most pleasant way of doing so for anyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment